- Can be requested on demand
- Can dynamically scale
- Use a pool of resources
- Offer variety of network access options
- Can be measured and billed back to the user
- IaaS – cloud provider makes available to the client – hardware, software, servers, storage, other infrastructure components
- SaaS – cloud provider makes powerful software available to clients.
- PaaP – cloud provider makes virtual machines available to clients virtual machines so that they can develop software applications in a test environment. Software development tools are also provided as a part of the platform.
- XaaS – Any aspect of IT that is delivered through the cloud model